We have free range eggs from the happiest ducks in Deerfield! They roam with their goose friends and lay delicious jumbo-sized eggs, which are excellent for baking.
Why duck eggs?
- The yolks are larger, richer, and a deep orange-gold color
- Ounce for ounce, duck eggs have a much higher concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as more Vitamin A, D, B12, folate, calcium, phosphorous and potassium.
- Pastry chefs prize duck eggs for custards and cream fillings, as well as the richest hollandaise sauce and fluffiest meringues. Lemon curd made with duck eggs has a vibrant yellow color.
- As duck egg whites have more protein, they are better at binding ingredients. The crystal-clear albumin (white) results in a firmer fried egg.
- Anything you bake with duck eggs will rise higher and have a lighter texture - just substitute at the rate of 2 duck eggs for every 3 chicken eggs and take your baking to the next level!
Farm Fresh Duck Eggs - 1/2 dozen